It’s no secret the celebrities love Florida. From sleek condos in Miami to luxury homes in Palm Beach Gardens, the jet set has a taste for sun, sand, and surf. Here’s a list of Palm Beach County’s famous residents and why they love living here.
A playground for the rich and famous
From athletes and TV personalities to actors and musicians, Palm Beach County is home to just about every kind of celebrity under the sun, including:
- 1930s singer and actor Perry Como kept a home in Jupiter Inlet Colony until his passing in 2001. With beach access and exquisite gardens, Jupiter Inlet Colony is paradise on Earth for a consummate performer like Como.
- Singer Celine Dion has owned several properties throughout Palm Beach County, including a 15,000-square-foot mansion in Admiral’s Cove, a 6,859-square-foot home on Jupiter Island, and several vacant lots in The Bear’s Club.
- Professional golfer Rickie Fowler sold a luxury home in Jupiter in 2016 before promptly purchasing another one. Known for world-class golf courses and practice facilities, Jupiter is a popular choice among golf pros.
- Show host Bryant Gumbel, known for long-running stints at NBC Today and HBO, has reportedly owned several mansions in the Loxahatchee Club in Jupiter. The golf community is quite exclusive with a collection of just 285 homes.
- Grease star Olivia Newton-John had a home in Jupiter Inlet Colony, a star-studded community with elegant homes and beach access.
- Sports broadcaster Brent Musberger lived in Jupiter for years before finally putting his home up for sale. Located on Florida’s southeastern coast, Jupiter is known for luxury homes and the country club lifestyle.
- Musician Kid Rock owns a beachfront home in Jupiter Inlet Colony and has reportedly undertaken substantial renovations to his prized property, adding a pool as well as shutters and window columns.
- Bon Jovi drummer Tico Torres lived in Admiral’s Cove, an exclusive waterfront and golf community with marinas and good restaurants.
- Olympian swimmer and gold medalist Dara Torres was born in Jupiter and purportedly resides in Coral Springs.
- 90s rapper turned TV show host Rob Van Winkle, better known as Vanilla Ice, once lived in Wellington near West Palm Beach. He renovates homes throughout Palm Beach County for a show on the DIY Network.
In pursuit of the Palm Beach County lifestyle
Celebrities buy houses in Palm Beach Gardens and other nearby communities because they love the lifestyle and the privacy that the community affords them. With no personal income tax, Florida is an attractive option for high income earners who want to maximize their tax savings without compromising on quality of life.
But celebrities represent just one facet of the population; the majority of Palm Beach County residents are private individuals with successful careers in business, finance, healthcare, education, and media. No matter your background or profession, you’ll find yourself in good company.
Discover West Palm Beach real estate with the Telchin Group, LLC
The Telchin Group, LLC serves top-tier clients in Palm Beach Gardens, Ibis, and other prestigious West Palm Beach communities. Call the company at 561.301.0249 for more information. You can also send them an email here. The company is supervised by Eric Telchin, the #1 broker in Ibis.